Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i hate eircom :(

Options
  • 08-03-2002 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Heres my little story...

On wednesday, eircom decided to change the telegraph pole that happens to be in our garden. To start with, they broke our fence and our wall in the process of putting it in. They agreed to fix the fence which they surprisingly did quite promptly.

Later on that evening, i tried to use the phone only to find that when installing the pole they killed both our phone lines.
    They finally came today to fix the phone lines but the internet line isn't working very well :(

i used to connect at 46,666 or 48,000 but now i can only connect at 21,600 and it is really lagging my counter-strike even more than usual :(

So my question is...
    Can i ring them up on monday and shout at them and tell them to make the line as good as it was?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Why yes, yes you can. But be nice man, when I have a customer screaming down the phone at me I really don't want to help them at all, just wish they die a horrible death.

If your not getting the service you pay for, most definatly complain. Like you said Eircom are slow to fix things, so expect a 3 week wait.

I'd like to know how this one turns out, keep me informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

if u use eircom.ie, the thingie where u can view and pay ur bill online, u can report a fault there :) they have to investigate that :) ...i had a problem with my line before too, and it was a problem with the little box where the phone line comes in from the pole :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Manic

i used to connect at 46,666 or 48,000 but now i can only connect at 21,600 and it is really lagging my counter-strike even more than usual
    Eircom still only gaurentee 9,600 last time I looked. I maby wrong? So your connection is way above what they gaurentee. I could say a lot more but its pointless Eircom will win. :(

Manic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Eircom still only gaurentee 9,600 last time I looked. I maby wrong? So your connection is way above what they gaurentee. I could say a lot more but its pointless Eircom will win.

They may win, but i'm not going down without a fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by Phreak

They may win, but i'm not going down without a fight!

That's the spirit ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know Eircom's legal rights with regard to location of equipment and access to that equipment now they are a private limited company? I presume this was catered for when Eircom was privatised by the State?

adam

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know Eircom's legal rights with regard to location of equipment and access to that equipment now they are a private limited company? I presume this was catered for when Eircom was privatised by the State?

I'd like to know this too.
    the telegraph pole is on my land, so its my telegraph pole :)

/me thinks i'll go and cut the pole down ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

actually if its your land they should be charging you rent
    are you sure its your land is the land freehold.

alot of land that houses are on are still owned by english land lords, but ever since teh trade war it hasnt been worth there while collecting it.

mines about 15 quid for 100 years

Originally posted by Boston
    actually if its your land they should be charging you rent

Eh?

Manic

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda

That's the spirit ;)

Paddy or what? LOL! :) just kidding :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Originally posted by Boston
    alot of land that houses are on are still owned by english land lords, but ever since teh trade war it hasnt been worth there while collecting it.

mines about 15 quid for 100 years

Same here, do you know that with a very small bit of paper work you can buy the freehold for your land for about £50, check it out here
    http://www.irlgov.ie/landreg/gr_purchase_scheme_1.htm

I-)

well, i got the line fixed. for some unknown reason the other day, the 2 lines just stopped working again, so today eircom came out and fixed it. Now its working at full speed again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

I wish more ppl would realise that when your internet "speed" is slow you don't go complaining to your isp.. it's time to call the teleco.. ( generally )

I've had so many ppl I know who give loads to their ISP knowing full well that eircom have done work in their area. If Eircom fixed this problem for you, they can fix it for anyone.

Right.. I'm stopping now.. i is getting a rage head rush

;)

Advertisement