Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe Online

Options
  • 09-03-2002 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

HI Everyone,

I found Europe Oline and I find that it is too good to be true. For only €150 a year you get access to 199 TV and Radio channels and you can download files at 2MB/Sec!

Can anyone tell me if there is a catch to this. Please, I just can't believe it.

Thanks!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

It is only one way, thats why it is so cheap. i.e you still need to dial-up and request your downloads, and the file you request comes down at horriffic speed over the satellite.

also the 2mb/s is not guaranteed.

Its good, i think someone like jmcc from hackwatch.com uses it and he has a 28.8k leased line from eircom. (dont quote me on that :P) i heard it somewhere.......

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not to pimp my own website or anything :) ... have a look at my own site...has everything you need to know about Europeonline.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Guys, thanks a lot for your time, i'm checking out your site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by flamegrill
    Its good, i think someone like jmcc from hackwatch.com uses it and he has a 28.8k leased line from eircom. (dont quote me on that :P) i heard it somewhere.......

i know you said not to quote you, but i find this interesting, i never heard of a 28.8k LL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

afaik, it was like one of eircoms last analogue leased lines.

then again i may have made it up somewhere.... i cant remember who told me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement