Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just a few Qs on Quake 3

Options
  • 09-03-2002 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Im switching from quake 2 to 3 but have a few likkle questions for ya

list of irish servers? i know of slosh.ign.ie:27960/1

how do i add these to favourites. i tried going to sever details and "addto favoutites" while playing - but it doesnt work

times there are ppl on these servers usually?

turning off map textures to see clearer

thanks for your help

-luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I think those are the only Irish servers... there was one on games1.iol.ie but its been down for awhile.

i dunno about adding servers to favourites.. I use an external server browser called All Seeing Eye which is like Gamespy.

usually there are people on slosh in the evenings, and late at night. the best way to get a game tho is to connect to IRC on quakenet, irc.barrysworld.com and ask in #quake.ie

to turn off textures, raise r_picmip variable
    I use r_picmip 16, a lot of people use r_picmip 5

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

thanks mate exactly what i was looking for. i looked up slosh.ign.ie and got 159.134.244.206 so added that one to my cfg servers so it works now yay.

thanks

-luke

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

U should play QW, its much better ;) . Dont turn to the Dark side with that killya fella. this si just for ure sake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

QW? does that stand for quake world? dont know anything about it I'm afraid.....perhaps u could enlighten me on your argument why its better than good old traditional quake?

-luke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

quakeworld is good old tradional quake with a few bells and whistles for internet play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement