Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Hope At All for 56k Unmetered Intenet?

Options
  • 09-03-2002 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,

I am probably asking the most basic of questions that has probably been asked 1000 times before! Is there any hope that Ireland will get unmetered internet access in the near future. I was one of those people who was going against the spirit of the IOL No Limits service. All I want is unmetered on a 56k modem, being kind of sick of running up €150 internet bills every month. I couldn't really care about broadband/dsl or whatever else. Everyone, yes everyone, I know outside of Ireland has unmetered access, DSL, broadband, or at least something better than paying per minute.

Jeremiah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Im afraid theres nothing better than pay per minute presently, we're playing the waiting game, on the government to further implement whats set out in the Comms Bill, which has been published recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Unless the government force eircom to roll out flat rate internet, our chances are pretty much nil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Sometimes I wonder could someone take a case to Court of Human rights about the abysmal standards for telecommunications here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

move house to an NTL upgraded area :D:D:D

or find out if your area is to be upgraded in the near future, also have a look back at threads, which have areas listed.

Advertisement