Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You should not be getting pop-up ads, if you are please let me know.

• 09-03-2002 5:16pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One or two people reported pop-up ads. That shouldnt be the case, if you are getting such pop-ups please let us know. We've done a lot of work to eradicate ads entirely from Boards as much as possible, so I dunno where these reports are coming from.

Anyone shed any light on the subject?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there arn't any banners either - right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ive gotthen one or two, and i can tell you exactly were they are coming from, the DHTML drop down menu.

its the same pop ups as are on the Milonic site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Check out google.com, there is a page "YOU SHOULD NOT BE GETTING ADVERTS" and explains in detail why some people are getting pop up adverts.

AFAIR..

1. Pop-ups and pop-unders have delays set into them to confuse people where the advert comes from.

2. Other domains may of been registered, eg. boardss.ie (don't know if it is or not.

3. 3rd party software installed on your machine is doing it.

AFAIR it's possible in some boards to embed the popup code in posts. Might not be this one (Some pictures can be forced to plop cookies on your system though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Its definitley the p2p apps.
    It seems Whenever I'm using Kazza I get them-
    I dont thinks its boards fault.

I never get them when I'm surfing in UCD, mainly because I've no freeware apps on my college a/c.

Advertisement