Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Court rules forum in Sweden responsible for posts

• 09-03-2002 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Some thing too think about. I know it's different laws but Sweden is one of the leading Internet countries. And Ireland has some of the strongest libel laws.

Full Story on The Register
    It's bloody hard to run a forum (in Sweden)
    By Drew Cullen
    Posted: 08/03/2002 at 23:52 GMT

Update Aftonbladet, a leading Swedish evening newspaper, pulled down its online comment forums, following a court ruling this week that it was responsible for death threats against Jews posted on its site.

The forum is now operating again, but only during business hours (including the weekend), readers tell us.

The posts expressing pro-Nazi prejudices were made in October 2000, but "owing to some technical problems, they were not deleted from the forum (which is moderated) for some time," Kuro5hin.org, the US tech/culture discussion site, reports.

The editors subsequently removed the posts but were charged with agitating against an ethnic (and not religious as we said earlier) group.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well its probably relative to the type of site, since thats a news site i can get were they are coming from when they say that.

But first and formost the actions would have to be illegal, not just moraly wrong. Ie " i hate all jews" thats fine and freedom of speach, "i hate all jews and i plan to kill them all" border line since you could be argued as an idol threat. " i hate all jews and im going to kill all the jews iin my neighbour hood" most certainly illegal in any european country, but maybe for different reasons.

Advertisement