Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player

Options
  • 09-03-2002 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I recently had to format my c drive but i have a partition (D) with all my songs on it. They were all in .wma and windows media player was on the c drive. When i re-installed windows media player and loaded all my songs into it, none of the songs would play because the liscence was gone or something. Does anybody know anything about this and how can i restore my .wma's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

they will all play in winamp.

as for wmp it seems odd since last i looked it was free.

what version are you using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ok, that's scared me away from ever using WMA's anyway. :)
    Can't beat the good 'oul mp3's ... I'll never have MS or Real holding my music to ransom.
    Best sticking to Winamp as suggested above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

when you rip into wma with the newer media players it locks them to the machine you ripped them on - so you cant go doing 'illegal' things with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Annoying that. Sticking to mp3 here now that you've reminded me of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

This happened me and i Know why it happens.

If you rip your cd to wma format using the new windows media player it does this protection thing by default.

I had a load of wmas and then i had to reformat but i had them all backed up. When i had windows xp installed again , it wouldn't play the wmas cause of protection and license crap.
    To sort this problem, goto tools->options in windows media player. Click the "Copy Music" tab and then unclick the "Protect Content" Button. This should do the trick.

Later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

ok thnxs lads i'll give it a whirl :)

Advertisement