Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My sky Digibox keeps on making phone calls...

• 09-03-2002 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

Me damn Panasonic Digibox keeps on trying oto connect to the internet (the online light comes on), then a few seconds later it goes off, what's this thing up to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Its trying to tell Sky all you secrets such as viewing preferences, what you stick in your personal planner, are you using using dubious devices such as an unoffical vewing card and dump any PPV's events to your next bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

make like most people and take the phone line out of the back of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Originally posted by sisob
    make like most people and take the phone line out of the back of it

That was my advice, DAMN YOU!!!!

seriously though, it is the best way to get it to behave itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

From my experience of the sky digi-boxes (Pace and Panasonic), even if you have never connected a phone-line to it it regularly tries to connect to out anyway.

Bloody spy-ware!

Also, has anyone else had problems where your digibox freezes up for a few seconds, starts searching for new channel listings and then eventually re-appears on channel 999. (Really annoying during a big match, or movie premier)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea, I noticed that hapens to me quite often,
    are you tlaing about were the blue screen comes up and says "searching for channel listings" and then shows the tv guide, and while its searching you can't do anyhting about it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

I've had that a couple of times too. Also I've got no phoneline in the back of mine, and never have but without fail every month i get billed for PPV's that i never seen.

Advertisement