Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cel mobo...

• 05-03-2001 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

i have a celeron 300 that's sitting on it's **** doing f*ck all. can anyone recommend a nice cheap mobo...i'd like to run it around 400-500 (have a cooler-master), i was looking at the old abit bh6 (have had good exp with the ka7-100 system, am running a an athlon 750@900 (32 degrees) w 2 burners, 300w supply, ctx dvd, 256pc100, deskstar 75gxp 30gig...other abit i had was the *ahem* wonderful bp6 which kept locking...thinking maybe cubx-e from asus...

anyone know any better, or have a bh6 to sell...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

What would you want 2 burners ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Go for an ABIT BX6-2 if you can find one. the best BX mobo IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

you don't know much about bx mobo's so. The BX6-2 is not stable at high bus speeds. ( over 124) afaik it lacks a 1/4 pci divider, as does the bh6. For the 100-112 mhz bus speed, which is what the celeron 300 will go to, the bh6 will do fine. Theres 1 or 2 in buy and sell, www.buyandsell.net.

As for the best bx mobo, well they have progressed since the time you presumed they were dead. The best for overclocking would be the abit be6-2 raid, there are loads of other good boards like the asus p3b-f, and the soyo 6ba +iv.

[This message has been edited by Gerry (edited 07-03-2001).]

Advertisement