Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do the "Disabled and Housebound" not have subsidised internet access - NOW??.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Originally posted by dromoland
    Enjoy the five star status, Paddy20, you deserve it for your perseverence and lively debates in irelandoffline.

I myself also wonder what the blue one stands for. Perhaps it's an omen: there will be a blue moon over Eircom and we'll have affordable flat-rate internet access for all.

dromoland

Thanks Dromoland,

I bet it was you who gave the Poll 5 Stars??.. question mark - notice.

By the way, just slightly off the point, if I am allowed - say no more... Have you noticed - that under my name :- I am now referred to as "Crazy Poster" instead of "Cool Newbie" and now there are TWO STARS instead of only one - Whats it all mean - although they "whoever they are" are not far wrong about the "Crazy Poster" name.

Well, I am going to see my GP in the morning re:- These un-controllable boughts of insanity I think I am suffering from or is it "TRUE" as a Doctor once told me?. Quote:- "If you think you are MAD then you are Sane, and if you think you are SANE then you are -"more than likely"- MAD". end quote.

God bless,

Yours,paddy20.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dromoland

To Paddy20

They say genius is next to madness or is it the other way round, so keep your ideas flowing.

dromoland

Message from:- paddy20.

May the Lord "Forgive" those voting "No".

For they do not know - in their - ignorance -" WHAT THEY DO"?.

Yours, paddy20.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

For they do not know - in their - ignorance -" WHAT THEY DO"?.

You can hardly call expressing an opinion "ignorance". People are entitled to an opinion, and they definitly don't need "forgivess" for having a different opinion than yours. *ends rant*

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes

You can hardly call expressing an opinion "ignorance". People are entitled to an opinion, and they definitly don't need "forgivess" for having a different opinion than yours. *ends rant*

To: Frank_Grimes, from - paddy20,

RE-Phrased statement:-
    May God forgive those who have "Voted" NO;-
    FOR in their " Innocence & Ignorance "-
    They "KNOW NOT", What they DO??....

Yours, paddy20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

That doesn't really change my opinion. I do not think that someone needs to be "forgiven" by anybody for expressing an opinion that differs from yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

I believe it's called a "protest vote".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rosaleenb

It is good to see such constructive work for the people by the people, the little man/woman! Those big boys at the top have been getting away with it for too long and it is time we had a voice and yes paddy20 you are that voice. Everybody that's online should be thanking you for bring what you've brought to light. For those that vote no to this poll must have more money than sense!! do they not know how much it costs?? do people know that another place not very far from them is so much more cheaper? paddy I know this site only offers 5 stars but I am giving you 10. thank-you for persevering. Slain Lait!!:D 10

Originally posted by rosaleenb
    It is good to see such constructive work for the people by the people, the little man/woman! Those big boys at the top have been getting away with it for too long and it is time we had a voice and yes paddy20 you are that voice. Everybody that's online should be thanking you for bring what you've brought to light. For those that vote no to this poll must have more money than sense!! do they not know how much it costs?? do people know that another place not very far from them is so much more cheaper? paddy I know this site only offers 5 stars but I am giving you 10. thank-you for persevering. Slain Lait!!:D 10

rosaleenb,

Welcome aboard this ship in stormy seas.

Thank you very much, for your compliments.

It really is nice to hear from a member of the opposite sex, assuming that the name "rosaleenb" indicates same?...

This forum and this "POLL" seems to have been -" Dominated" by the male of our species - so far, maybethings will now take a turn for the "better" with an informed input from more "Women". I was wondering where all the female names/members were?.

I hope you have now started a new trend - and may I suggest that "You" might consider posting a thread on this forum. Clearly you seem to have a firm grasp of the true realities of the "scandalous situation" we are in.

Hope to read more from you - sooner- rather than later?.

God bless,

Yours, paddy20.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dromoland

I too would like to welcome rosaleenb. As one of the people who voted yes in this poll, it's good to see a positive contribution amongst the so many negative ones.

dromoland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

rosaleenb For those that vote no to this poll must have more money than sens
    rosaleenb

I've been watching this thread with interest for some time and while i can see the benifits the web hold's for the disabled these same issue's apply to all net user's in ireland. I too would love to be able to shop online and email friends without paying through the backside. BUT as has been mentioned the net is a luxury and should be treated asuch{Bearing in mind the current situation in ireland}. rosalenn i may not have that much money but i do have sense... Sense enough to realise that we as consumer's are being taken for a ride BUT currently we have no choice... to expect the goverment to provide subsidised net access is crazy do you expect a discount when posting a letter?? of course you don't I don't think singleing out a particular area that need's subsidised access is that important we should be focusing on everyone that live's in this country.

On an other note
    dahamstaOr email addresses, but please take private conversations off the forum

I find some of your post's irrelevant to the post heading. Is is really necessary to welcome eveyone that posts on "YOUR" thread???
    YoUrS LoGiE:rolleyes:

Message to:- LoGie,

Velly solly,plese forgive my mistooks??..

I is me -only "houman" methinks.

Pddy20000000000?...

While ALL you techies are getting all excited about the pros &cons
    of DSL v ADSLv Sattelite v Dial-up. etc,etc, No wonder the general public have a HEADACHE.

The simple fact is that the people of this Country want a fairly- priced Unmetered internet access service for a flat-rate monthly fixed "No hidden Costs" fee. So that they can budget for it sensibly and not have to worry about "HOW LONG" little johnny has been on the internet!- and "HOW MUCH" is it costing ?...

Admittedly, things appear to be receiving some attention from many quarters - at the moment, but lets keep a level head.

Have you heard the old saying:- "The sale is not made, until the
    money is in the "bank" AND the "cheque" has been cleared".

Ministers showing some interest in what to them is just another
    "Talking shop" meeting is just not enough. They are only playing the game of "politics" meeting another "Delegation" who must be
    "pacified" with a few well chosen words.

However, action speaks louder than words. So, lets have it?..

EIRCOM are still ripping me and everyone else OFF - MONEY WISE, for a service that should cost a pittance, and they are "STILL" being allowed too get away with it by what appears to be an "impotent" Government. Who could do something constructive now - "before the election" like why do they not give EIRCOM 7 (Seven) working days too - get their house in order - instea-d of making us the laughing stock of EUROPE - Re:- Our scandalous internet access charges. We seem to be paying more
    than anyone while EIRCOMs Directors "Dine out" on your money, which they have and are being allowed too get away with it?.:confused:

Yours, A not impressed citizen, paddy20:rolleyes:

Question to Moderators,

Thanks for "fixing" the number of votes - cast on this poll, problem
    - of last night.

Can I ask "What happened " even a PM reply would suffice?.

Thank you,

paddy20.

Originally posted by paddy20
    Question to Moderators,

Thanks for "fixing" the number of votes - cast on this poll, problem
    - of last night.

Can I ask "What happened " even a PM reply would suffice?.

Thank you,

paddy20.

Note, from paddy20.

I apologise too those who have "still" been trying to - cast your vote on this POLL. BUT ALAS - It has now TIMED - OUT and not without some controversory ..

However, you can "STILL" keep the thread, debate and questions going by "Posting your comments or "QUESTIONS".

This "Will hopefully" keep this unresolved - vital for some - issue -
    Alive and KICKING - for as long as neccessary.

Finally, To those who took the time to VOTE whichever way you voted - I would like to say "Thank you".

Yours,paddy20.;)

N.B. To "BARD" - I am still awaiting a reply from you - RE:- the "MISSING" votes??, and the "FIASCO" just before this poll closed. A total of 43 votes simply vanished ?.. and your silence is
    - deafening. As well as impolite! and insulting. Reply please and note this is my "second" request for an explanation from you??.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by paddy20

N.B. To "BARD" - I am still awaiting a reply from you - RE:- the "MISSING" votes??, and the "FIASCO" just before this poll closed. A total of 43 votes simply vanished ?..

There is no 'fiasco'. I don't know where the "extra votes" came from. Rest assured that nowhere near 123 people voted in the poll, Paddy... it was only 80, and the results are as stands.

and your silence is deafening. As well as impolite! and insulting. Reply please and note this is my "second" request for an explanation from you??.:confused::confused:

My silence is insulting? F*** off. How's that for insulting?

I've got better things to do than sit in front of my PC waiting for you to post just so I can jump in and reply. I work hard long hours and obviously don't get to sit around at home as much as your good self.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but this thread has generated VERY LITTLE interest overall, even though you seem to think it's the most important discussion in the history of all creation. Most of the replies are from you, and the thread, at this stage, is quite laughable.

Finally I am going to give in to my original gut instinct and close this thread. Do not open another thread on the same subject, Paddy- I'll only delete it if you do.

I might also add that this is IrelandOFFLine's forum. The IrelandOFFLine committee will post the polls here. Any others are game for moderation/deletion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement