Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing your wonderful music...

Options
  • 10-03-2002 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

What programs are you all using for playing music on your PC?

There's such a flood of half-good ones out there (Media Jukebox, Music Match, Winamp, Real Jukebox...etc) but they all irritate the hell outa me with their limits after a bit of usage.

I'm currently using Media Jukebox (http://www.musicex.com) and although it's good, the shareware bit is intrusive, it ain't too reliable on XP and finally...it's moody with track numbers - this is the what's caused me to write this:
    I burn a CD and keep it on the HD, relying on my program to keep the correct order so I can burn it later. But oh no - one touch of the Name Bar and you've re-arranged 'em without a hope of getting them back the way they should be! Argh!

Throw any suggestions this way please. I'll be waiting.

p.s. Before any smartarse suggests it, I won't ditch XP :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Personally I use WinAmp and AtomixMP3.

AtomixMP3 is dead good for DJ'ing and parties. WinAmp is the old reliable audio player and I'm sticking with it :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I use Windows Media player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Either Winamp or Xmms, depending on which OS I'm using.

Advertisement