Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC hangs in Counter strike

• 07-03-2001 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Athlon 900, abitKT7A, Chaintech Geforce2mx.
    System runs fine in everything, but fire up CS and after 4mins (everytime) it hangs with stuttering sound (like a stuck record).
    This happened with Win98 so I installed Win2000. Exact same thing happens in Win2000.
    4in1 drivers installed. Directx 8, Latest nvidia drivers.
    Anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Maybe it's the nvidia drivers ?
    Or your connection ?

Nil Desperandum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Does a dialog box popup on the screen saying "AMD incompatibility error detected"
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

oh your one to talk........ *hint* your Ge-force cant even work with your mobo/cpu!!!! biggrin.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 07-03-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Thanks Sutty.
    No Gerry, no msg, just a freeze. Cant even recover back to desktop. Exact same behaviour in 98 and 2k which is a bit strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Canaboid as per my reply in the CS board are you using a Creative Live 5.1 Soundcard if so thats your problem.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

I used to get the same prob with a live value, Its strange alright, but what i said fixed it np's

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah sutty, thats a geforce, made by nvidia, with no amd or intel chips in sight. Should have tried it in your machine before thinking it was at fault I suppose....

I had the same prob when i first got my KT7 and ge-force 2, Its realy simple to fix, go into the BIOS, go to the memory settings, turn on memory hole. then go to amd.com and try find the file Largepageminimum.reg. These sould fix any probs your having also try the 4in1 4.29 beta drivers. (there very good) Hope this helps

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 07-03-2001).]

Advertisement