Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nz Warship Seizes Tanker

Options
  • 10-03-2002 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

I got this off an e-mail list. I get the impression it originally came from Satirewire.com

I don't usually post stuff like this but as a Kiwi it gave me a laugh. All the others Kiwis and Aussies on the list should get a laugh too.

Enjoy

Arabian Sea (Satirewire.com)

NZ WARSHIP SEIZES TANKER IN... WAIT... ? A WARSHIP?

New Zealand television reported Friday that a RNZN warship in the Arabian Sea had seized a tanker suspected of smuggling oil from Iraq, leading many to suspect that the report was a hoax.

"You're kidding, right? New Zealand has a warship?" asked U.S. Defense Secretary Donald rumsfeld. "Like for war? Does New Zealand know?" he added.

"Nobody was more stunned than we were," said Kal Omari, first mate of the seized vessel. "We saw this frigate steaming toward us, and we were worried, but then we saw this funny-looking flag, and we thought, 'Oh, Kiwis. What the hell do they want'"

When an officer of the HMNZN Te Kaha announced that the tanker was about to be boarded, the crew of the detained ship was confused, said Omari, but their confusion quickly turned to anger when they saw what the New Zealand sailors were carrying.

"They were armed. With guns," said Omari. "Kiwis with guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?" "They were pretty rude too,"

Omari added. "They started asking us all sorts of questions like, 'Where did that oil come from?' But first we wanted to know who gave them the damn warship."

The UN said the incident is already under investigation, and promised swift action against those found responsible for giving the New Zealanders guns.

........................ends

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol :D
    could be worse "Irish stealth bomber crash lands in poland" :)

Advertisement