Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows ME

• 07-03-2001 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

When I click on the Internet Explorer icon and Explorer starts, the connection box comes up on screen. Every time I have to enter my password. The "Save Password" box is greyed out and it won't let me check it. I don't get this problem on Win95, 98 or 2000. I've checked all my settings and I can't see anything out of order. Does anybody have this same problem or am I on my own? If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

just a simple suggestion, but maybe in ME you cant save it when the dial-up connection is being called from another program (in this case IE).
    Try just going into My Computer,Dial Up Networking and dial that way and you might be able to save the password.

otherwise could be one of MEs little dodgy security things smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

This happens in win98 if you Esc past the network logon on boot up or if client for microsoft networks is not installed. I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I run ME and my password is stored
    I remember someone having this problem
    right click your dialup connection, I think its somewere in there or else its in control pannel in the "users" part
    its something to do with having passwords saved somewere
    or you could always go to you windows manul if you're that desprite or maybe just reinstall the Dial up networking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

well u could do what they sed, but it wud be wrong to do so.....

Or you could just install
    "client for microsoft Networks"

To do this

Start -> Control panel -> Networks
    Add
    Client
    Microsoft (on the left)
    "client for microsoft Networks" (on the right)

Bam bam restart bam bam aaaaaand ur save'n passwords allover the shop. . smile.gif

RentZ

Advertisement