Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an MP3 encoder?

Options
  • 10-03-2002 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I have been using Audiograbber with the Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (professional). This only encodes up to 128kbs can anyone recommend a really good application/encoder which will give me great results at 196kbs.

I have the app that came with my Soundblaster Audigy but I dunno how much I like it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

CDex is just loverly, imo. In the settings you can choose anything up to 320kbps, rip certain parts of a file, make .wav's etc.

If you're using XP, make sure to get the latest Beta as the current stable release doesn't seem to work too well (didn't for me anyway).

Oh and it's free :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

SCMPX

small fast n free
    Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

meglome, why dont you just use the LameEnc setting in Audiograbber and set that to 196 or indeed 320kps.

Mike.

Advertisement