Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of emergency

Options
  • 11-03-2002 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

got it a few weeks back , very good,

Bomb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

rented it the weekend dident think muck of it.

It kinda reminded me of ONI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

its basically GTA3 with people

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

?
    Gta3 had people.

Its gta3 without cars.

And dont tell me State Of Emergency has cars...or you'll rue the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

That game rules.

admit it you've alwas wanted to beat the crap out of a bunch of cops or shoot them with a AK-47.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I bought it on the friday, returned it on the saturday after playing it for the night.

I went through happiness, awe, bewilderment, aprehensiveness, hope, dissapintment, frustration then anger.

In that order.

It is prolly one of THE most REPETATIVE games i have ever played. It's the same half-hour repeated over and over and over, with the exception of maybe one slight mission change at the end of the mall area. The start of chinatown felt exactly like the start of the mall for some reason. If as much thought went into the mission structure as was evident in the game engine then i'd have been a happy man. Even the controls for using the weapons could have used a bit of thought.

Totally disappointed.

IMO you're better off with GTA3. At least if you get bored killing peds you can go for a joyride :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It really is a bloody awful heap of shít. First impression is "ooh, the crowds are nice"; you get over that in about 30 seconds, get the hang of the game in five minutes... and in about ten minutes you've seen everything worth seeing and are getting very, very bored.

Returns of the this game have been some of the highest ever, I believe. Not a shock really given that it was hyped as the spiritual sequel to GTA3 and it's not even in the same league as it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I agree, I bought it a couple of weeks back and I was bored looking at the cover by the time I got home. I put in the CD, and my God was I bored while it was loading up, and then the game started, great for 10 minutes but soon discovered that the missions are all the same. It's fun for 10 minutes but thats about it. Working my way through MGS2 at the moment, great game but I know I'll be finished it before the weekend is out. This ICO game looks pretty cool, lets hope its out soon. I remember Prince of Persia on my 286, happy days.

Advertisement