Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple POP polling using OS X

Options
  • 11-03-2002 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know the best way to collect mail from multiple POP accounts using OS X? Ideally, the mail would then be deposited into existing Apple Mail Server mailboxes.

Essentially, an MDaemon idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can the mail program on OSX not do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

I don't think so. I can use fetchmail to get the mail but it requires valid UNIX style user mail spools, which Apple Mail Server doesn't appear to support.

I'm not a Mac person so perhaps I'm wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Are you using OSX Server or OSX normal?
    There should be a program called simply "Mail" that can receive from multiple POP, IMAP and UNIX accounts. How you then distribute the specific mailboxes onto different users is something I don't know anything about but check your install CD's for "Mail", that should be all you need... no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

eudora can do multiple pops also.Get the os x version.If eudora is applescript aware you could use apple script to do whatever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

Maybe I didn't make myself clear - I'm talking about a server environment.

The scenario:

An OS/X Server is providing file sharing services to several LAN clients. There is a dial-on-demand ISDN router providing Internet access.

What I want:

A way to get the OS/X server to poll a multidrop account and deposit the mail into the existing binary Apple Mail Service mailboxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement