Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fáil coalition partners.

Options
  • 11-03-2002 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Assuming FF are in power after the next general election - and let's face it, it's highly likely this will be the case - who would your preferred coalition FF partner be? This is not intended as a pro/anti-FF thread, just a poll based on the most likeliest outcome of the election.

What would be your preferred Fianna Fáil coalition partner. 12 votes

FF + PD
    0% 0 votes
    FF + Labour
    41% 5 votes
    FF + FG
    33% 4 votes
    FF + Sinn Féin
    8% 1 vote
    FF + Greens
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    16% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm voting for the Greens so.......yeah. I would prefer FF didn't get into majority this time, but I suppose that's not gonna happen for another 15 years or so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think it is the most likely situation that FF will have the largest single block of seats, but no a majority.

This means at least a tri party coalaition or worse to exclude FF from government. This is not a recipe for stability.

Thus I agree the next government isd likely to be a FF + X scenario.

I personally would like to see FF Labour tackle some of the poverty issues dogging our economy, while not reversing current low tax policy.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Id be in favour of a FF/PD coalition tbh. I find the "philosophy" of that coalition more acceptable than any other combination up there. Pretty sad state of affairs that Sinn Fein are seriously being mooted as possible coalition partners (not criticising the thread- just sad that a party like that gets twice the support of say the PDs in polls:( )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

In the next government.

It's going to be FF and PDs. (If they get back)

Looking at it the should do, with a good general backing from the public but also how the voting goes in the dail when the day comes.

Labour will go for FG.
    PDs will go for FF.
    Sinn Fein will go for FF.(can't see them abstaining or voting FG)
    The Greens will abstain, they abstain because their vote comes from FF supporters and but they themselfs are more FG politically. they also dont want to upset any voters thus they choose not to vote.
    And then there are the indep. they vote depending on their ticket i guess. (Micheal Lowery FG, Jakie Healy Rhea FF and that wicklow girl FF) Also which ever party gives their const. money.

Also All of the above parties where once Sinn Fein How quickly we forget.

I can't see FG talking to SF and I can't see FF doing that either but SF will vote FF or abstain. (They'll abstain if they ever want to be in an Irish government to show that they mean business to FF)

Maybe will get a more rounded government

Indep. TD's
    SF
    PD's
    Labour
    The Greens

Very Unlikely.

Advertisement