Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser troubles...

Options
  • 12-03-2002 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

<!-- BEGIN Popup Blocker -->
    				<script language='javascript'>
    				NS_ActualOpen=window.open;
    				function NS_NullWindow(){this.window;}
    				function NS_NewOpen(url,nam,atr){return(new NS_NullWindow());}
    				window.open=NS_NewOpen;
    				</script>
    				<!-- END Popup Blocker -->

Get this in both IE5/6 and Opera 6 at the top of every page I visit.
    I've searched the registry for "popup", uninstalled almost every program on my PC and it's still bloody appearing.
    Anyone have any ideas short of a format?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tmcd

What about doing a search in find files or folders Containing text "BEGIN Popup Blocker "
    I'd imagine that should find something and try narrow it down from there.
    Or what about trying start/programs/acces..../system tools/system info..../tools/system config ut..../startup
    have a peek there and see if something catches your eye. thats just a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by tmcd
    What about doing a search in find files or folders Containing text "BEGIN Popup Blocker "
    I'd imagine that should find something and try narrow it down from there.
    Or what about trying start/programs/acces..../system tools/system info..../tools/system config ut..../startup
    have a peek there and see if something catches your eye. thats just a long shot.
    No luck with either.

bah, found it.
    It was a zone alarm dll.
    When i removed it, all the errors I had been getting with scripts(php/cgi) disappeared as did not being able to view certain sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

What is the zone alram dll for?

Originally posted by Keeks
    What is the zone alram dll for?
    No idea, i deleted it and zonealarm has had no problems and hasnt asked for it either.
    It was called zlparser.dll

• Advertisement
Advertisement