Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would just like to thank Eircom.....

Options
  • 12-03-2002 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

For curing me of my internet addiction and at the same time giving me the wonderfully liberating attitude of not giving a toss.

Let me elaborate, once i used to be an avoid online games player many hours were spend meeting and making friends and killing them all in the name of fun and relaxation of course this no longer happens as trying to play online with a 56k modem is a fast track to a stress induced heart attack.
    The remark to not giving a toss is aimed at the way im now forced to run my business before i was concerned that when parts came in as you probably know the drivers are usually hopelessly out of date and though it was never my responsibility to do it i would often try and find the latest drivers to bundle with said parts especially in systems we built.
    Customers may now thank Eircom that we no longer do this because downloading 10mb files is not cost effective so they have to do this themselves which leaves me allot more time to devote to developing my drink problem:D.
    So here’s raising a glass to Eircom and may all your copper wire shrivel up and drop off.

Stone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

This thread is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It can be used as an example of the way small businesses are suffering in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by VacilatoR
    This thread is pointless.

I don't think any bad feelings toward eircom are pointless

perhaps he should of put a [RANT] [/RANT] on either end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I HATE EIRCOM ... phew, now back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by BuffyBoy

I don't think any bad feelings toward eircom are pointless

Maybe they're not,... but they're against the rules.
    From the rules:

Although it may seem so to many, the forum is not specifically an arena for bashing the likes of eircom or other companies or authorities just for the sake of it. This is a discussion forum, not a propoganda page. Message threads set up for such a purpose will be removed.

In this case, the thread will be locked, but it may stay here as a reminder that we DO have rules on this board, and there's a reason why the subject of the rules thread says "READ THIS FIRST".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement