Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why ADSL and why bitstream

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

listen about the pots thing
    were iread it it said SDSL uses t1 tech so it doesnt need pots
    thats exactly what it said,
    then later it says the SDSL its talking about is really a form of HDSL
    fine i thought then in another part it tell me its HDSL its talking about is fibre based.

at 12 o clock at night your reading thorugh something you dont notie that the they are talking bs to us.

As for fibre over dsl i dont ****ign know, as far as i know that shouldnt be all that good, dont ask me, its stupiod ****ign americans.

ANd i hate To tell you this again but not all SDSL is 2mbps it has a ****ing range up to 2mbps and thats the point im getting out, you make it sound like every body with SDSL gets 2mbps, is this what you mena, if so does that mean i can expect 8 mbps for adsl when it comes.like hell i can.

the amounth of stupid comments in the topic is out of this world, the thruth is none of us knows that much more about adsl then the other.
    we can ***** all we want about 2mbps and atm lines and stuff but were never going to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carnivore:
    listen about the pots thing
    were iread it it said SDSL uses t1 tech so it doesnt need pots
    thats exactly what it said,</font>

first of all: it didnt say that. it said it transmits at speeds reaching T1/E1 speeds. Nowhere does it say that DSL uses T or E-carrier formats because it doesn't.

SDSL != T1/E1.

The similarity in speed is simply caused by standard US and European data rate multiples which DSL adheres to.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    then later it says the SDSL its talking about is really a form of HDSL
    fine i thought then in another part it tell me its HDSL its talking about is fibre based.
    </font>

yep as already mentioned in an earlier post, SDSL is related to HDSL...
    SDSL is a single twisted pair variant of HDSL. this means it runs on one line. HDSL runs on two twisted pair lines.

(HDSL == twisted pair) != fibre.
    at 12 o clock at night your reading thorugh something you dont notie that the they are talking bs to us.
    </font>

maybe you should wait till the morning to read it then, and perhaps understand it just a little bit better.
    As for fibre over dsl i dont ****ign know, as far as i know that shouldnt be all that good, dont ask me, its stupiod ****ign americans.
    </font>

for the last time: DSL does not work over fibre.. DSL is based on the fact that certain frequencies on standard telephone lines are unused and takes advantage of this.
    ANd i hate To tell you this again but not all SDSL is 2mbps it has a ****ing range up to 2mbps and thats the point im getting out,
    you make it sound like every body with SDSL gets 2mbps, is this what you mena, if so does that mean i can expect 8 mbps for adsl when it comes.like hell i can.
    </font>

Oh god give me patience.
    OF COURSE I meant maximum transfer rates. Jesus what else would be talking about? Average rates? Minumum rates? When your standing upside down using IRC rates?
    the amounth of stupid comments in the topic is out of this world,</font>

very true.
    the thruth is none of us knows that much more about adsl then the other.
    </font>

quite untrue.

This is my last post on this and hopefully I've cleared up some confusion and sorry if I'm not explaining things too clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Sssh!

Sleep!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement