Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help..... (sim card)

• 12-03-2002 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Some man got my sim card rejected from my mobile.........

It states "sim card rejected"

is there any way to save it, or do I have go on the vodka and count my losses???

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The question doesn't seem very clear.

Do you mean that your PIN Code is rejected?
    (ie. The wrong code has been keyed in three successive times)

If so you have to key in your 10 digit PUK(Personal Unblocking Key) Code (recieved with SIM originally, also retrievable from network provider).

Or is it completely blocked?
    (ie. THe wrong PUK was keyed in 10 times)

In this case the SIM can only be unblocked by the network. (and I'm sure this will cost money)

Of course I could be completely mis-interpreting your question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

thanks for the reply...... hi

both the Pin code and the PUK code have been incorrectly entered... :mad:

Do you (or any man) know it if is possible to save it???

thanks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

SIM cards also come with PIN2 and PUK2 codes - it sounds like you'll have to enter the PUK2 code (correctly) to unlock that SIM; otherwise, forget it...

Gadget

I'm pretty sure that if One PUK code has been entered incorrectly the phone will be locked down. (Especially if it's not asking for it)

If this is the case, just walk into a phone shop who are affiliated to your network and ask how you should go about getting it fixed.

I'd guess that they'll make you pay the cost of having a new SIM card sent out. (Around €20 afaik)

If you have an Eircell (now we are the minions of Vodafone) Ready To Go phone and want to get a new one soon you could just get a handset upgrade.

I lost my phone and got a 3310 for €127 with €40 call credit (€10 extra) and a free replacement SIM (worth ~€20). I also got to keep all the existing credit on my account at the time. The only problem is that if you don't have all your numbers stored elsewhere you'll be pissed off getting them all again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

contact syn boy

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That's no good contacting him, the SIM is compleatly blocked,
    The network can't unblock it, the sim is like its burnt out, you have to get a replacement SIM off your Network, this will most likely cost you the price of a new sim €20-30 it happened me ages ago.
    But they do change your number over though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I got in contact with my Network Provider (Bt), they are sending me a new sim card for only 9.99 english pounds. I will have to same mobile number, thank god.

I would just like to mention that: They (bt) have a cool way of paying for the new sim card. Just make sure that ur mobile had 9.99 in it, and then they would take that away to pay for sim card. :eek:

Which I thought was nearly as cool as the property agents in my area, u text them the address of the property that is for sale and they will reply the price of the house and other details............

Technology, hi.
    pure class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    you could just get a handset upgrade

i never knew this was possible with Ready To Go.

is there anywhere on the internet i can go and see what kind of phones are available with an upgrade and how much it will cost me? will any Vodafone shop upgrade for me? do i keep my old phone after an ugrade?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

go to www.vodafone.ie it tells you what handsets you can upgrade to and the price and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DOH!!
    thanks for that El_Diablo. i should have really thought of the Vodafone website :rolleyes:

Advertisement