Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook problems

Options
  • 12-03-2002 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Lads,

One problem I don't need this morning.
    When starting up Outlook (Office XP Pro) it pops up a message telling me that the *.pst file is corrupted and to run the Inbox Repair Tool on it.
    Problem is that the *.pst file is not in the folder were the error message says it is, for the simple reason that I modified the install and put the *.pst file somewhere else.
    ****ing Windows crap won't even let me get as far as pointing it to a different *.pst file......
    I'm fed up, up to my ears in work and really don't need this ****!!
    Anyone have any quick tips or hints?
    Purleessee!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

you try copying and pasting the .pst file to the folder its expected to be in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

Change the location of your .pst back bu using the properties of outlook. Select outlook icon right click and props and select personal folders and properties then confirm that the .pst is in the correct place.

Windows crap does allow the user to change the location its just that the user should be a little more knowledgable as to where these settings are stored.!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Not sure about XP, but I find that the only way to get Outlook (on Win2K) to recognise a new PST as the default is to move it when Outlook is closed. When you reopen Outlook, it will tell you that it can't find the file, and you'll be able to point to it. If you put it where it's supposed to be, you can run the repair tool on it, and then move it back when you're done.

HTH,
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Bugger that!
    Finally got Outlook to open and now it will not open any *.pst file!
    Even after manually copying and pasting....
    I can't even import the archive folder!
    Bugger, ****e and hell!!
    Anyone know of a different mail client that will let me import from a *.pst file?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Anyone know of a different mail client that will let me import from a *.pst file?

Outlook Express. You could always import the mail into OE. Recreate your profile in Outlook and reimport the messages. Unless the .pst file is corrupt or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

Try using the mail and fax option inside ctrl_panel and assigning through there...

Advertisement