Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win XP with ASUS isdn

Options
  • 12-03-2002 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Lo folks.

I am pretty sure there is nothing to be done, but I thought I would post just in case.

Story is I upgraded home PC to Microsoft XP Home edition from 98.

Since then the ISDN has been scuppered. I have tested the connection and it works fine with a 56k modem in place, so I believe the problem is to do with the ASUS ISDN drivers.

Contacted ASUS and got their latest drivers mailed out. Still no joy.

Point I am wondering is, are there simply pieces of hardware which XP will not work with now and are they adding to it to make it more compatible at all?

Just wondering,

cheers,

Jak.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/

Hardware Compatibility List

I have my asus running on XP fine - et xp install the generic drivers - not a bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

That an internal card ISDN card yeah?

If so which generic drivers are you running. Whenever it asked for drivers I just used the ones from ASUS but it gives the whole 'not certified driver' warning.

Had no idea which drivers to use if i was selecting from the generic lot.

Cheers tho,

Nice to know i might get it sorted yet,

JAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

ok i better be more specific
    il get revision numbers n stuff if u want - but im not on that machine

as soon as i slotted in the internal card and booted into win xp it automatically dedected it and instaleld the relevent driver

it was fine untill i tryed to install the proper drivers to see if there wqas any perfromance boost - it messed up - wouldnt dial :|

removed all the drivers and let xp put in its own flarour and its still fine

Cool thanks.

Never dawned on me that I shouldn't be using the approved drivers from the makers :)

Cleaned the drivers out just there.

Rebooted, Windows detects Network controlling device and searches for drivers on the web .. no joy Im afraid.

Might try a manual install of the generic drivers for network controllers.

JAK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I used the win2k drivers and it worked fine. Xp ses they're not certified but they work fine.

Advertisement