Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dj's

Options
  • 12-03-2002 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

i've always inquired before on dj'ing positions in Xfm i have some experience on a local level and i listen often to Xfm.

I've asked before and i was told i'd get a phone call to let me know,

Well i'm really interested in radio and very much liek the style and music Xfm plays...

well me at e-mail ragamuffin@iol.ie as i'd really love to get on radio again.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mick-X-Listener

I think you would be better off sending in your details again. I'm on Sun 31st first time!:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What sort of music does XFM play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Alternative mix.....give it a listen on 107.9FM ( If you're in the Dublin area ) and see for yourself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Bah, looking back over some of the other toics I think I'll pass..
    I'm into Techno/trance an all that stuff..

what type? Techno/trance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

do i just send them to the normal XFM address???

and what details do you want?

kinda progressive techno/trance, also like hardhouse, some dance, not scooter style now

do i just send them to the normal XFM address???
    Ragga yes xfm@isis.ie full name address exct..

OJ
    I gave up on the Trance scene around 94-95 during the dragon fly label era ... eat static et al. all that Balearic stuff killed off what was brilliant progressive dance music. even if you listen to it now its seems way ahead of the commercial ****e which seems very dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Aye, it's just pure trad for you these days, isn't it Daithi?

Incidentally, I'm away Monday.
    See you the week after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

all that Balearic stuff killed off what was brilliant progressive dance music. even if you listen to it now its seems way ahead of the commercial ****e which seems very dated.

Never a truer word has been said. When I was in my mid teens I was in to stuff like Dave Angel, Carl Cox (I loved FACT 1), and had mixed tapes from scumbag raves all over the place.

I had a tape recorded at a gig where DJ Kid was playing. But there was dis gammy MC, with a real cotney accent who came in mummbling sh1ite every so often. "Could we have security to the front stage flease", and other mutter like that. Actually one night I had myself and a few mates in stitches laughing when we wondered if this MC had added himself to the tape after it was recorded. I could just imagine some tosser sitting on his own in a room, with a mic, shouting some rubbish like, "let's big it up for da 1s and 2s".

But you're dead right though about the way dance music has changed. First it sounded all electronic (while they became farmiliar with the equipment :) ), then it a bit mental with the likes of 808 state etc, then some of the best DJs were spinning around '94. Then in about '95 scooter came and pi$$ed all over it, shouting some rubbish like "Scooooter, back on da welfare; once again!". "Get off your shirts and wait to be douced in petrol!".

God bless 'em :rolleyes:

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement