Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania

Options
  • 12-03-2002 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Anyone staying up late paddys night to watch it??

BomB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

no i cant i have exams starting on the tuesday after it and have loads of study to do - but a friend of mine is taping it for me!!!

should be good - only 5 days to go!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

We should get a PPV Party goin for one of the next few ones , have a session in someones gaff, maybe after the April drinkies when we all know each other a bit better. Wrestlings always great fun with a few beers.

BomB

kotr in june????

when everyones exams are out of the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by bombidol
    Anyone staying up late paddys night to watch it??

BomB

Assuming it's still on by the time I get home from work, I'll grab a couple of tinnies and cook up a plate-full of potato waffles and fish fingers and settle down in front of it for the night :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Bard

Assuming it's still on by the time I get home from work, I'll grab a couple of tinnies and cook up a plate-full of potato waffles and fish fingers and settle down in front of it for the night :)

that sounds so good - i love when ya get those mad cooking/hunger buzz's when you come home from the pub - anyway i probably wont get to see it until the following weekend after my exams are over!!!

fu<kin stupid wit having our exams straight after paddy's weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

what has wwf got to do with sport? its a bad soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

WWF is not a Sport. Moving to TV/Films !

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

Hey Man you absolutly Suck. NOW HIT MY MUSIC.
    Or somthing like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i will be taping it and watching sometime on Monday. i'll be too busy celebrating our national saint when it is on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

If I have any kind of motor control left by 1am, I may try and point myself in the direction of a TV... although my legs have this terrible tendincy of walking me into DiScO's and the likes, post-pintige.

I'm having the problem looked into by a profesional bartender.

..and wrestling, really, isn't a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

WWFE do brand it as "sports entertainment" and they never treat is as sport as such........

im not getting involved in this conversation, it usually ends in tears, lets just say that it may not be a Sport sport but wrestlers are the greatest athletes in the world by other athletes standards, and if you think heavyweight boxing isnt rigged you need your brain looked at.

bomb

Look WWF is a soap opera, IT IS NOT A SPORT ! Its your Coronation Street.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

WWF isn't fake, it's choreographed.

Ice skating is choreographed but thats classified as a sport.

Wrestling is an Art, its not a "Sport" And thats what we like about it. And please dont moan about wrestling and tell us what we already know we dont give out about football or rugby, if you are not a wrestling fan please dont post in this thread, im not giving out, but every wrestling fan has a pain their bollocks with people telling them "Thats Fake" or "Thats Not Real" We know this and its what we like about it, we like the story line leading up to the match, the cheesy acting the pyros, the lights the women the fanfare, Its not acting and its not fighting, its wrestling, and we love it.

Bomb

Originally posted by bombidol
    Wrestling is an Art, its not a "Sport" ........

Glad you've realised that.

Gandalf.

For me to have "realised" it, would mean i once must have thought it was real, not the case, wrestling fans are not dumb children. as i have said its not a case of Real Vs Fake its wrestling.

bomb

Well why did you post it in Sports when you already knew it wasn't :)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

because at the end of it all, its an athletic event and a lot of wrestling fans like normal sports too!
    Its cool if youre not a wrestling fan just please dont go pissing on it cause ive seen loads of anti wrestlings fans watch some ECW or even wwf and go jesus this is deadly and become hardcore fans.

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

I would calss WWf as a habit more than any thing else.
    you start watching it when your young and you just start watching it without making a contious decision.
    I will aknowledge your wish for non-beleivers not to post in this thread by not posting here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 chunk 3:16

i also plan to be watching some top
    quality WWF action this sunday (or monday morning if you want to be picky)
    with a few cans in my allready smashed state
    shouting at the TV and calling the rock a ****ing lady boy
    and other such insults

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think its a sport in any way. Its just entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Originally posted by Stephen
    I don't think its a sport in any way. Its just entertainment.

Maybe thats why they always refer to it as "sports entertainment"
    Should be a good laugh, ill wait till the middle of next week when you dont have to pay.
    The NWO are going to get destroyed, plus the undertaker will get his commupance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Brining NWO into the show is so unbelievably crappy. All the decent wrestlers don't agree with the buy out and all you end up getting is ancient, unfit guys that are finished anyway. Thats why the WCW 'invasion' was utterly pathetic - Goldberg didn't sign.

They need to concentrate on buy single wrestlers from the smaller wrestling liscences instead of buying out all the brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Two sweaty men in a ring?.......seemed kinda gay to me.............

not even worth an answer... but...
    You like boxing?............
    how about football?.. over 20 sweaty men in that!
    Rugby?.. i bet that gets your juices flowing
    shall i go on?

BomB

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Whatever you little pentulant child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

blah blah blah I am the lowest form of life

Advertisement