Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

combo info

• 11-03-2001 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Is this cpu and mb a good combo?
    Abit kt7a socket A
    AMD thunderbird 1000 socket A
    thx in advance for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1405&p=9

their opinion:

"There is no doubt that the ABIT KT7A-RAID is a really impressive motherboard. All of ABIT’s signature features have been included and should satisfy all overclockers. It is not very different from its older brother the KT7-RAID, but the features it has definitely make this board stand out from the early KT133A crowd."

oops.. just noticed you didnt say it was the RAID variant. still though, I'd presume the majority of the same feature apply smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 11-03-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The non-RAID variant is exactly the same board in every other respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I put together a machine based on that combo recently, no problems reported yet. As with all via boards though, you may have a few teething troubles with drivers, and irq's. Perseverance is what its all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

<Sub in usual CreeD pro AMD/VIA comment here>... smile.gif

I have the Raid variant, excellent board. A huge amount of tweaking options and one of the few at the mo. with memory interleaving options available in the BIOS (Boosts performance quite nicely - when that's on it's pretty much the fastest KT-133a board out there).

If you haven't already, have a look at www.overclockers.co.uk, they do great deals on gauranteed overclocked CPU's (And MBD bundles are available). A lot of people here buy from them, with (usually) good results.

Sidenote: OCUK now have rounded IDE and floppy cables. Saves a LOT of space inside

Advertisement