Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C, structs, files, and pain

Options
  • 12-03-2002 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

alo,

Title: “Who wants to be a millionaire”

Create a socket based Client Server system that simulates the popular TV show.

Server:

Maintains 5 different files with each file containing similarly weighted questions

The server must load the files into an Array of structs.
    The server selects the question to send to the client randomly.

blah blah blah

now my question is, are there any good resources on STRUCTS, FILES and passing FILE CONTENTS to a STRUCT etc ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think this is one of those questions where you're req'd to demo use of x y & z, ie files & structs.

There's loads of info in every C book under the sun on those, also try putting the terms into google & see what it turns up.

And one again, you need to be more specific ;)

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MondaySpuds

Why dont u find a site .. that sombody uses who wants to be a mill game.. and then save it to your computer and run it through a decompiler and the find out how it was done...

get Visual C++ .. maybe an option...
    alot of student do that as a project.... mostly in flash though.. but you never now...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by MondaySpuds
    Why dont u find a site .. that sombody uses who wants to be a mill game.. and then save it to your computer and run it through a decompiler and the find out how it was done...

pffftt ... newbies ... :rolleyes:

:)

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by Trojan
    pffftt ... newbies ... :rolleyes:

:)

Oh and THAT'S being polite to the newbies then, is it?!

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

No Trojan is right (not the pffftt part though, Muppet :) ), the kind of info you are looking for is plastered all over C programming books. I'm guessing you don't own any, coz if you did I would call you a Muppet also, coz it's right in front of you.

Here's a good one: http://www.rubiks.net/K_R/kandr.html

The C programming Language

By Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie.

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement