Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp 3

Options
  • 12-03-2002 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Just wanted to see how many people here use winamp3 even though its only beening devolped i tink its alot better than winamp2. winamp2 tends to crash alot how bout the rest of u?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

2.x is infinitely more stable than 3.0, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

3 is way more buggy still, lots of little things still fecked with it, but i do like some of the new skins for it, some are just lovely and some new types too like this woman just standin on the screen, ya couldn't tell it was winamp. Can't wait till it gets completed.

2 is perfectly stable for me, never have any problems with it even with large playlists and lots of plug-ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

2 is grand.
    3 is really buggy. Will hardly work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Same for me, 3 was a piece of shít when I used it. Maybe you've got low standards Harmo? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

2 works perfectly for me.
    3 works good too, but the only changes between 2 and 3 seem to be pure gimmickery... i don't actually think there are any changes at all related to sound. i just hope they don't go and detract from the niceness of 2 in any way. I hate when new versions are worse than their predecessors, like the newest versions of mediaplayer, MM Jukebox, Winzip, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea same here. The new WinAce blows donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

winamp3 beta, that means its got plenty of bugs. i've used it and it looks nice, but it's missing the main feature from winamp2 which is "Jump to a song" i.e. press J and type in a word and it will find a tune with that word in its name. handy if you have tons of mp3s.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Same for me, 3 was a piece of shít when I used it. Maybe you've got low standards Harmo? :)

I dont tink i hav winamp3 never crashs 4 me, im quite happy to use it if it doesnt cause me problems;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

WinAmp3 looks like it will be nice when its finished, but the beta doesn't even load for me anymore.

Two is solid as a rock. Never had a problem.

Advertisement