Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Odly old games rethinking

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wook you can stick with bunout and GTA3 i'll be having far more fun with mario cart and mario advanced 2. I think the classic platformer manic miner should be updated. And an unimpossible jet set Willie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by SofaKing
    Commander Keen, specifically Keen VI

sweet devine.....!! Commander Keen great series of games. prefered episode IV myself.

or wizball now THERE was a great game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i thought wizkid was better. more stuff to do etc. not just bash the bricks. they should do team yankee/pacific islands/war in the gulf again. there hasnt been a tank commanding game in ages. thank operation flashpoint for remeinding me of those ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The first game that really really gripped me was Wolfenstein...on my Uncles £4000 pc, and his Sound blaster with massive 400W speakers attached. Nazi's everywhere OMG :)

Then Doom just looked amazing....Games these days dont tend to give that awe factor. Just like seeing Star wars back in the 70's I suppose. It also was light years ahead :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Commander Keen was always way behind the mario and sonic games. In fact it was a pile of cack but still at the time the best platformer on the pc (which isn't saying much).

• Advertisement
Advertisement