Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet and power lines

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I just saw a new article on surfing the Internet via your ESB line (although ESB isn't mentioned). It's at
    <http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,57240,00.html>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Living In Ireland I wouldn't hold my breath...surfing the net at any great speed at a reasonable price is a long way of....
    Possible/Probable timeline for roll out of Internet access over national grid In Ireland.
    2003 US and mainland Europe trial Internet over Power lines
    2004 US and mainland Europe introduce product
    2004-2005 US and mainland Europe Product now popular alternative to DSL conections
    2006 ESB reviews previous plans for the use national grid for internet access. Determines a trial is needed as there's No strong evidence Irish people would use such a service....sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

this has been covered time and time again. Search the forum for the details, or IO. The ESB lines are not feasible for this system.

Gav

Advertisement