Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The breeders

Options
  • 13-03-2002 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

The breeders are playing the ambassader on may 26th! A new albini produced album is out soon...can't wait :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Just like buses, aren't they? White Stripes / Hives / YeahYeahYeah's and now the Breeders. Makes you feel like you're living in a proper city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

have you ever heard steve albini's band?
    "shilak" i think they are written; they are really like....pixies/sonic /sort of thing;but they really rock!

check em out;

i'm told that if you buy the vinyl in road; the cd is free in the box automatically!

seriiously;check these guys out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

it's shellac, and yes they do rock. check out rapeman aswell, although imo not as good.

can't wait to see the breeders. i was too young to catch them the first time around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

I suppose now that kim is touring with the breeders it kind of ends those rumours about the pixies reforming for a tour?!?

Must give shellac a listen to also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Shellac are good check out song "payer to god"

and Big Black rule too Song about ****ing.....

what do rapeman sound like i've never actually heard some of their stuff is it much like the other stuff he does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

I never thought they sounded anything like the pixies and sonic youth..... more like Black Flag and big black actually had their own distinct sound......
    deadly album covers too##

BREEDERS

Bets on for who gets to meet Kim Deal????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

rapeman were like an ultra hardcore cross between big black and shellac, and are definitely my favourite albini band. they were possibly the most shockingly tight band ever. it's incredible to listen to, though some may find the lyrics a bit hardcore.

i remember albini saying he was personally devastated when that band broke up.

cd is still in print and has the budd ep tacked on the end. i remember last year hmv got a ton of copies in at mid price, was very very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Brillo! haven't seen them since 93 in the Tivoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheVoice

Same day as Ozzfest tho!
    Gahhh!(disapproving noise)

Advertisement