Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voodoo 5

• 11-03-2001 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I see that you cna get a brand new voodoo5 5500 agp for as litlle as £150 brand new in ireland. Is it a good deal or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

where u get them for that price in ireland : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Venom:
    its slightly slower the a GF2 but the GFX on it look miles better.
    </font>

err I'd have to disagree with you there smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"slightly"?
    hehe spot the non-quake player smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yep, theres nothing like shifting 134 frames of brownness compared to the v5s 129 frames smile.gif
    the only thing about 3dfx cards is that heyre big, make sure you have the room in your system, and secondly, since they are now bought out by nvidia, the support fo rthe card within games may not be as strong as it was before. in the past you could gaurentee that if you had a 3dfx, it would run pretty damn good in any game. now, i guess the nvidia range is all the rage and most developers will base their games mainly around the tnt, or gforce or whatever the feic is out now.
    of course, i could indeed be talking a complete load of old toot!
    and i probably am....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    yep, theres nothing like shifting 134 frames of brownness compared to the v5s 129 frames smile.gif</font>
    LOL
    Thats all you ever say about quake - its thousands of different shades of brown!

What is an absolute travesty, is that I am colorblind so it looks more like 3 shades to me (and that includes the blue red and yellow skins smile.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well Iv been using a V5500 for the last 5 months and have never had 1 bit od hassle from the card.its slightly slower the a GF2 but the GFX on it look miles better.

One if these cards at the above mentioned price is a damm sweet deal smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

same here, never had any probs with it. but why did i spend so much cash for it back then frown.gif

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Well on marx-computers it is 175 or so, and in a comp shop near nutgrove called micro pro direct its 150 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

http://www1.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1435&p=1

The Kyro-II.
    Just about beats a Geforce2 on most games, and even bested the Geforce2 Ultra in some....all for $149. Due end of March/beginning of April.
    From what I've read it's well worth waiting for, and is in the same price range (And way past the performance range) of the V5.

Advertisement