Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.U Elections

• 13-03-2002 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

how are the candidates in your college getting your vote this year? promises of a hair dressers here in dcu..? i voted for a few guys from 2nd year who called themselves prolix...seriously taking the piss so they are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Heres Maynooths scattered ramblings:

http://mikado.eeng.may.ie/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Originally posted by T.G Catter
    how are the candidates in your college getting your vote this year?
    Sweets, but at any rate the SU dont tackle any issues that concern me, plus most of the posts went uncontested except for projects and something else, so I just went home and slept for a few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They're doing absolutely sweet feck all, I'm guessing they'll all go uncontested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

The UCD presidential candidacy election was postponed due to cheating. The Fianna Fáil ratface, Aongus Hourihane made the C&E society hold an event convincing people to re-elect him and they made this propaganda video showing everyone all the good things he did.

But, the UCDSU being the turd farm it is decided not to disqualify him but to hold the same thing all over again after the holidays. Bleedin scumwhores.

The NUI Maynooth Election are on right now,

The results will be up on mikado either tonight or early tommorrow

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

UL elections are tomorrow (today really)

No idea who's running - I got involved in/ran four candidates from 94 to 98 (three elected), haven't even wandered up to the canteen to see who's running in my year back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Excuse my head being in the sand...

What happenned with the SU elections in UCD-
    I was abit shocked to see Aoengus Hourihan burst into a lecture th. in Roebuck and announce his canditure (again) and then I saw some ballot boxes outside- I think it was last thurs.

Why was it been held again?

[80p. is hanging around Roebuck too much...
    mental note: Go down the Arts block more !]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

the b4stards re-elected him- i have just lost faith in humanity! he's just such a total árse!

but what exactly happened in roebuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Nothing really happenned except the usual...
    A chairde,
    I promise to blah blah blah blah.....

Its just that he's a bit loud and usually insists on getting his hands on the lecturers radio mike.

Why was there a re-election though ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i just love WIT's popularity contest

its all eye candy, and a garunteed shag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

all sabats in UCC went unopposed :(

poor state of the nation really , i think USI will have to get their thinking caps on ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Speaking of USI, not sure if it made news or anything... but ltwo weeks ago, we in DCU voted to disaffiliate from USI. I have heard of others colleges who are talking aout holding similar referendums, anyone here from here anything going on in their college?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ah student elections, as SearrarD said it is a popularity contest, i ran for class rep in first year, i was up against alot of people who were mature, actually were actively working for the students and would have done a damn fine job of it but they voted for me instead cause of my social standing ;) (i.e. drunken antics :))

Advertisement