Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Pyro Anyone?

Options
  • 13-03-2002 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

One of the Phantom DJ's said these guys, and I quote "blew bran'do of the stage apparently....anyone know where one would get an Mp3 or summat?

and was anyone at the gig that could confirm or deny this....

curious is all!

Later - Trev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

The pyro boys were in very good form that night. If you haven't seen them, check them out.

Brando still amazing - very different bands. So you go to comparing apples and oranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

saw them in project last month. fuucking incredible band,low down dirty gospel.

check out

www.johnnypyro.com

for mp3. they play on 22nd in Eamon Dorans i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 needsome

I didn't really feel the pyros were as good as they could of been but they were still more entertaining than Brando and the keds. I'm not putting the other bands down. Johnney pyro were interesting visualy and musically while the other guys were just kind of ....there, in line with what Tara said i suppose it's all down to taste.

www.johnnypyro.com
    www.brandoland.com
    http://www.come.to/thekeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

kinda remind me of SpaceHog in the style (Without the rock)

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Cheers all.

Tara ,
    I wasn't comparing the bands nor putting Bran'do down what so ever, we've played with those guys too and I've gone to a good few of theBran'do gigs I like em a lot , I just thought it was interesting to hear a Phantom DJ saying the Pyro boys blew Bran'do away....not a typical comment, so figured they must be something...apologies if anyone misinterpreted my post as an insult to the Bran'do boys it wasn't meant that way.

Byeeee Trev

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

again;
    it's all about the mismatching of support bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

No offence taken at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Arch

I have to pitch in - the MP3s on their site are well impressive. It's such a break to hear something unusual like gospel as an influence, shining through the music. Go check them out.

Speaking of gospel... has anyone seen the recent TV ad for some Christian Rock 6-CD extravaganza, on one of the non-terrestrial channels? Not available in the shops... no s h i i i t.

Can you imagine anything on the planet worse than that?

Arch.

www.stantonstation.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i saw that ad, God himself is laughin at them!

BomB

Advertisement