Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenBSD and X

• 14-03-2001 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

Well I've finally bit the bullet... Since Suse bascially refuses to run X with my Radeon 64meg I've decidedto whip it off and throw on OpenBSD. Problem is I'm finding it difficult to find any good X window resources/guides for OpenBSD outside of the normal readmes and man pages.
    Any links appreciated.

.logic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, and while your at it, could you throw up links for freebsd and x. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

Isn't it X itself which supports a particular graphics card and not the underlying operating system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

It is but the latest version of X doesn't like something on my linux system. Was going the way of BSD with a while anyway. This doesn't help any wink.gif

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

Sorry, I thought you were switching to BSD because of the problem with X.

I see that the Radeon has only recently been added to the supported cards under the latest version of XFree86 (4.02) so there still might be problems.

Before you switch over, does the VGA driver work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yup VGA driver works without issue. Problem arises after I've set up the X configuration either using SaX or XFree86Setup.
    When I go to test the config it simply won't load X. I have the log but not here as I'm in work. Tweaked the **** out of it trying every server/refresh etc... combination properly.

.logic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement