Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movies ive seen in the last 3 days

• 13-03-2002 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hollowman - dissapointing
    Shaft - Amusing actually not that back for what it is
    Scary movie 2 - 1st half i laughed like a swine then the 2nd half was just muck
    im being made watch moulan rouge tonight! dear god help me

bomb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Monday : Vercingetorix - French movie with Lambert. Not bad, but its not Braveheart.

Tuesday : Galaxy Quest (rewatched) - funny. Not outstanding, but definitely funny.

Wednesday : Blow (rewatched) - despite it getting terrible reviews, I liked this movie. Maybe its cause I'm a big Depp fan.

Moulin Rouge, incidentally, is an absolutely outstanding movie.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I loved Blow one of my favourites of the last while, i have no doubt moulan rouge is decent but i have a thing about musicals i dont know why but i loose the rag i just think theyre ridiculous, when someone starts singing on my TV the dog runs away afraid.

BomB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Moulin Rouge is a fantastic film and is unlike any musical you may have endured in the past.

This week I have watched the following :

Clerks

I will be watching

AI
    Amores Perros

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Saw snatch again last night, bloody excellent stuff. Brad Pitt's traveller speak gets me in stitches :D

"FAKAFF"
    "DYAH LIH' DAGS?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Python's Holy Grail, the spectacularly amazingly l33t DVD edition :: Seen the show before, obviously loike, but the DVD is just the dogs boll*cks.

--
    Final Fantasy :: Got it out for the 'ohh.. ahh..' factor. And that's all it delivered. Honestly though, not a bad film.

--
    Have the 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?' dvd here for tonight. That’s a great film.

Moulin Rouge is next on the list. I've heard good things ( - they sing teen spirit (?!?)).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Snatch was ****e and Brads traveller accent was funny but stereotypical. The story itself I found was boring. The dog and the squeeky toy was good though.

The film was a poor diluted version of lock stock. Watched Iron Monkey and Shrek tonight, Iron Monkey was pretty dang good.

Watching Moulin Rouge tomorrow night. The soundtrack I have already and it rocks. Love the Tom Waits Roxanne tango.

I have the Holy Grail dvd here, its good then ? Haven't watched it.

Tomorrow I'll have a gander at Moulin Rouge as previously stated and Once Upon a Time in China Pt2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

watched high fidelty last night *again*.......excellent movie based on the excellent book by nick hornsby.

Fight Club tusday nighhhhttt....Brad Pitt is a fantastic actor.

MOnday night i watched half of PLatoon....my favo movie....can never get eonough of watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Kung Pow- Enter the fist.... surprisingly funny

Super Troopers.... surprisingly funny :)

Disclaimer: If they're actually crap, sorry, but haven't watched TV in 6 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

The whole 'El Hazard' series, interesting concept, nice design
    The whole 'Spawn' series (the cartoon, notthe movie). Arrh purrrr mmmmh purrrr
    And Perfect Blue.... Really cool

That's slowly going through a friend's DVD Collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The whole 'El Hazard' series, interesting concept, nice design

El Haz is pretty standard Pioneer fare - if you liked that, you'll probably also like Tenchi Muyo, Hand Maid May or, arguably best of all, Dual. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by yellum
    Snatch was ****e and Brads traveller accent was funny but stereotypical. The story itself I found was boring. The dog and the squeeky toy was good though.

Have you ever met a traveller, r do u just like them, because I think he had it down perfectly.
    All the travellers, I've ever met, been unlucky to meet, alomst fought with have spoken exactly like that.

I think you're insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

He loves to complain.

The last three I've seen:
    'A Clock Work Orange' few days ago,
    'Fight Club' and
    'Meeting People is Easy'
    (Radiohead video thing, sort of a film) Last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 phil_h

blow was kind of rubbish. read the book (truly excellent).
    Dr Strangelove - *again and again and again* - best work by sellers.
    Clerks - same by smith
    almost famous - gets a bit moany after a couple of viewings
    .:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

a knight's tale - awful awful film
    ocean 11 - ok'ish - sorta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

I liked A Knights Tale

What I watched recently.

Moulin Rouge - not great, was expecting a lot more, the extras on the dvd were good though

Dancer in the Dark - Now that was one sad film, got it cos Bjork was in it but she wasn't great. If you ever want to have a good cry this is the film.

Fast and the Furious - terrible. Every boy racers wet dream I guess, but not my thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I've wanted to see Dance in The Dark for a while but keep putting it off.

Me: "Can I have Dancer in the Dark"
    Xtra Vision attendant *shouting*: "Hey, Sharon, this guy wants that musical with Bjork in it - have we got a copy?"
    Me *whispering*: "look, just keep it down.. I take Body Chemistry 4 instead please.

I thought Blow was watchable enough, I would watch it more than twice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

A Kights tale was entertaining.. Tigerland was watchable if a little odd.. Oceans 11 was pretty damn good.. umm not much else nope thats about it.. apart from watching swordfish again and falling asleep.. first time it was excellent.. second time was just boring and the hacking scenes.. eeeeek!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Amores Perros is a class film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Over the past week or so.. :

1. Heat - (millionth time) - it just oozes class.
    2. Tigerland - (first time ) - not bad at all, not your usual vietnam style film by any means.
    3. Platoon - (oh god, billions ;) ) - classic.

Now i just need to find my dvd of apocalypse now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

I thought a night's tale was amusing but it was all wrong. The music ruined it I think, not that the music was bad, it just ruined the effect that I think the movie should have had.

Was anyone else majorly dissappointed by the new 3 musketteer's?
    I found myself waiting for it to just end.

saw The Glass House and thought it was good but way too predictable.

saw The princess diaries. Definitley a chick flick but it was cute.

Hav'nt seen m.rouge yet but will this weekend.

saw dragonfly. it was good, better than I expected.

I thought fast/furious was great. cant wait for part 2 to come out, yes there is a part 2 :)

so, that's my movie review....thanks for coming :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Fast And The Furious:Saw it before loved it,still do and my god I want that civic!

Gladiator:Seen it loads of times,but still brillant

Independence Day:It's the type of film you'd see once and think was great and then see it again not to soon after I don't really like but when you haven't seen it for ages its great again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

So far this week I've seen (in this order):
    A.I.: Liked it, loved it until the last half hour but the ending didn't sit well with me, felt very engineered and just not right in general.... if it had a better ending it would have been one of my favourites of the year so far at least.

American Pie 2: Eugh, rubbish. Not really very funny at all, all the bits that were funny I'd seen on reviews/trailers before, I actually thought the original was pretty funny too.....

Moulin Rouge: Brilliant, and I'm not usually a fan of musicals at all so that's really saying something coming from me. Thoroughly entertaining throughout (apart from one scene, Jim Broadbent doing "Like a virgin", thought that one was a bit pants), I'm going to buy this as it's something I'd watch again, in fact if I still had it I'd have watched it again today.

Taxi Driver: Pretty good, best De Niro performance I've seen (not a big fan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

American Pie 2: Eugh, rubbish. Not really very funny at all, all the bits that were funny I'd seen on reviews/trailers before, I actually thought the original was pretty funny too.....

OMG! I thought ap2 was hillarious! ap1 was great as well.
    I roll when I see either :)
    but that's just me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I rented AI today on video (whoores at xtra-vision were out of it on DVD)

I watched 'Freddy got fingered' in a mate's house last night and lets just say theres a new film on my 'Most ****ed up film' spot. :)

Advertisement