Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest bull from microsoft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, theregister.co.uk is keeping tabs on XP as it goes through beta. M$ are only going to hurt home users with it though imo, cos most geeks will get there hands on the corporate version which most likely won't have PA (doing PA for 400 machines isn't really feasible).
    That bit about processor id's was a bit daft seeing as it's mostly disabled by default and can be turned off in most bios' . And it's not in AMD's cpu's.

Have faith in the |33t H@><or5 though. You can bet your a55 they'll crack it.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think/hope the overwhelming response will be to not buy it. PC magazines have been saying for years that the current features supplied with MS products are more than anyone will ever need so why bother to upgrade? I've always maintained that I'll switch from MS in a heart-beat if they come up with any **** like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

well yes it's a bit mad .. more than a bit ..
    so to installthe product you need to be connected to the internet ... what happens if you aren't connected at all to the woderful internet ??
    as for the server even trying to cope with all the requests i won't go there ...

well i'm off to ... read my mail ...

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i think this is a very stupid move on MS's part, their products crash so much n result in havin to reinstall their stuff so often that ppl will get really ****ed off very quick if they hav to go through this sh!te every time.... linux is lookin better all the time!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Advertisement