Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEMMA HAYES is a CLASS ACT

Options
  • 13-03-2002 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

i was excited to see someone start a topic about the gig last
    saturday until i read the negative first line which i didn't see
    comin cause i loved the gig so much. I'll go back and read past
    the first line after...out of curiosity.

All i can do is praise the girl. Reason i loved the gig is simply
    because i've been sleeping to her two EPs regulrarly over the
    last months - the songs are brilliant - acoustic, raw, spacey, sweet - sounds made for my appetite....or to explain it with artist
    translations: My Acoustic Valentine or REM with far sweeter vocals.

So, i was already converted when i went along on saturday.
    I didn't expect to be dissapointed and i wasn't. Nice girl too -
    looked into her audience and kept smiling. She enjoyed it
    and so did I.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i can understand people saying her louder stuff sounds like mbv (like that single, work to a calm or whatever it was called) but 'my acoustic valentine'??? maybe it was just a bad play on words, but her acoustic songs (while all very nice and so on) sound nothing like my bloody valentine.

everyone i know who was at the gig was really really dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

sorry.
    didn't exactly mean her acoustic songs sound like 'em cause they certainly don't but the first two tracks on the 2nd EP blend a kind of MBV sound with that acoustic sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

o sleep are My bloody valentine Reforming... or did they never break up? cause i saw they did a remix on this new mogwai cd in the shops.........

i don't like mogwai but the thought of getting a chance to see my bloody valentine hmmmmm real good.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

as far as i know, mbv never broke up, although i think the chances of us getting another album are very very slim indeed. sniff. as for not liking mogwai: you don't know what you're missing.check out xmas steps on the ep +6, pure class.

knobbles: i apologise i seem to have taken you up wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lois

Alls I can say is that I wish to Christ she would have stopped tuning her bloody guitar between every song and had a bit of audience interaction. Thats what Roadies are paid to do.

I too was v dissapointed. The recorded stuff is great but with such an all-star band behind her (Dave Odlum ex Frames etc) I expected much more from the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

ALl star band...... heheh

Advertisement