Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid 2 IS WAY too short

Options
  • 13-03-2002 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

I got the game on friday the 8th and i cleared it on sunday.Even though it was short it is the best game ever!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

If you took a break to breath during play it might have lasted a little longer eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Try it on European Extreme or Extreme mode and try and get all 361 dog tags. Then you'll have "finished" the game. Not before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh yes, that's right - because the stupid extra stuff designed for people who have to use a medical clamp to take a crap they're so anally retentive counts as "quality gameplay" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Wow what a surprise, what with the first one being such an epic and all.....

The first one was certainly short, so it's not shock that MGS2 is also pretty lacking in the longevity department.... That said, the first one had a better than 50/50 ratio of cutscenes to gameplay at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Extreme is still easy, the AI doesnt get better, its not like they have eyes in the back of their head.
    The bosses just get silly accurate with shots and they won't allow you do certain things (like shooting out the search light against olga, the glass light becomes "invincible")
    I think it took me about an hour longer than the usual due to slightly harder bosses.

The extra's are not any fun, once you get the stealth suit, why would you bother getting the remaining 200 dog tags to get infinite grip and infinite oxygen, hitting guys that cant see you is fun, swimming is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Shock horror!!! the game was too short, based on the last one i'd thought it'd 70-80 hours long!
    IMHO getting all that really hard extra is usually a waste of time because by the time u get it you hate the game & its usually not worth it!
    Got some friends that wont believe its not brillaint/long cause they read in an 'ps2 mag' because they know better then ppl who pld game

didnt know dolan was your friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

If i had it in school time i would have missed school to play it but unfortunately it didnt last that long so i got in trouble in maths well i wanted to run up behind the teacher and snap her neck but such is life.....

I would love to know what mister Hideo Kojima was smoking as he made the final half hour of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the story line is a load of bullsh*t aswell, i prefered metal gear solid on the ps1 far more than this, its got the same setup as the first game and a lame in game excuse as to why, its just a joke, hideo kojima has said he wants someone new to direct the next metal gear game, i say thank god!!

He's actually still writing MGS 3 as far as I know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mgs 3 was realised ages ago!!

I believe its Mgs 5 or 6 now!!! :-P

And if he is writing it well damn!

Someone really ought to stop supplying draffodx with Class A drugs.

Advertisement