Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vga Ques

• 17-03-2001 6:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

1)If i got a vg card with a tv out,and a widescreen tv 28" : )whould the picture be as clear and sharp as a 15" monitor.
    2)**32Mb 3D-Power GeForce Mx With TV Out**
    is this card a good recommened card for £85.00 (sterling)
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, its wont be as clear and sharp....

The refresh ratye on a tv is less then a monitor so the picture wont look as clear (you'll be able to see it like) As far as the actually tv out on the card I dont much about.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Indeed. But for the likes of DVD it should be fine.
    I've seen a setup on a high-definition tv and it still wasn't great even though in theory it should have been, possibly something to do with monitor inf files or something.
    I use my tv for dvd playback and more recently for kickass winamp 3d spectrum analaysers. Nothing quite like it.
    Haven't tried to play games on it mostly cos the max res on my tv is 640 x 400 which isn't much use for most games. Also I can't really be arsed getting keyboard/mouse extension leads to go all the way to the couch.
    Sounds like a good price. Obviously not state of the art but still a damn good card.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lump:
    No, its wont be as clear and sharp....

The refresh ratye on a tv is less then a monitor so the picture wont look as clear (you'll be able to see it like)
    </font>

would the card itself will convert the rgb signal into ntsc or pal running at 60/50Hz respectively so should be no flickering at all for the majority of movie playback?
    id say it would only be noticable in applications that make use of high refresh rates, fps games etc.

hmm wouldnt mind seeing the output firsthand though to get a proper opinion smile.gif

Advertisement