Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver's

• 13-03-2002 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me how to find out who makes the drivers / hardware that's on my pc for updating.

I have a standard dell dimension, its 600mhz I want to update the video card, modem and graphics card driver.

I don't have a clue about hardware which may be obvious from this post so could someone tell me what sort of size files I'm looking at downloading and is it a simple matter of point and click?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

You could try download Sisoft Sandra and it will tell you everything.
    When the PC boots it tells ya the graphics card.

But if there already installed and you just want the latest.
    To find out what they are right click my computer and goto properties and then goto device manager and open the graphics tab and the modem tab to get the name of the devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

You could maybe I dunno, try Dells website, they'll have all the details of your machine, you may even have some manuals that dell supplied and from that you could learn what make and model gear you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

find the service tag number on the back of the machine (looks like eg EG5014LY) Go to the dell support website, enter in the tag number & hay presto all your driver updates in one go.....what will they think of next;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

No, you aren't allowed use the manufacturer website. Its against "the rules".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Originally posted by Gerry
    No, you aren't allowed use the manufacturer website. Its against "the rules".
    LOL :D

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Or you could open up the case, look at the cards, get their details put a smug, satisfied grin on your face and goolise your life :)
    FCC ID numbers are especially handy to track down the eastern Ajabastan modem manufacturer....

Advertisement