Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl connection dead

Options
  • 14-03-2002 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

I'm on the adsl trial (summerhill exchange). This evening I lost my connection. The adsl modem sees my query packets going out, but not a sausage coming in. Anyone else in the same boat?

what's the number for crying to eircom?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

The number is on the eircom.net page.
    Seems they have a hardware failure and they are replacing the hardware today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Back up and runnning for the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I'm on the summerhill exchange as well, according to the DSL tech guys there were a few exchanges affected last night/this morning. Reason for the outage was that they were installing essential new equipment. They could at least have sent an email in advance to all their ADSL customers and let them know the service would be down. Then again that makes way too much sense for eirCON.

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

viking, as bricks posted earlier, it was hardware failure so there's no way they could have emailed everyone in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    viking, as bricks posted earlier, it was hardware failure so there's no way they could have emailed everyone in advance.

Sorry, I didn't say in my post that I had a conversation with the eircon chap and he said that this was an essential equipment install that they had known they were going to have to do prior to the failure. The failure happened 'cos they didn't do the install. My point was why couldn't they schedule the equipment install and let everyone know when it was happening, therefore preventing people, like me, from being inconvenienced by the outage.

viking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

It's a trial, your not a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Difficult

i'm sure you'll live......

Advertisement