Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific Areas that have NTL Broadband

Options
  • 14-03-2002 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

I have read a few threads here on the area's that are enabled for NTL Broadband.Given that NTL wont pubically release where has been upgraded I would like to create a list of area's that have been done and maybe map it all out.

It apears that the areas enabled are parts of:

Dublin 6
    Dublin 12
    Dublin 16
    Dublin 22
    Dublin 24

Getting more Specific:

-D6 (Mainly D6W):
    Some parts of
    Terenure
    -Limekiln Road

-D16
    Some parts of
    Ballinteer;
    templeogue

-D22:
    Some parts of
    Clondalkin

-D24
    Some parts of
    Tallaght

It is obvious from posts here that NTL are currently expanding their 2-way network with a lot of people been told that a large upgrade will take place later this year.

Could people who live in an NTL Broadband area post their postcode, area and street. We could use this thread to find out exactly what area's are enabled and where the expansion is taking place and then update this post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

A buddy of mine in 6W has just been connected on 512K cable via NTL. They told him he was customer #81. I can't remember the road he lives on, but the info from the guy who installed the kit (sub contracted) was that it would be a 'while' before NTL expanded beyond the initial areas as listed.

Don't hold yer breath folks!

c0y0te

ps - I rang NTL on the strength of this and asked about northside expansion of service, and they practically laughed at me. Not for a while folks, not for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

/me sniffles, south side basts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Dublin 16 - Heather Estate NOT Upgraded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im in clondalkin d.22 in Neilstown area anyone know its covered ,NTL are like spies wont reveal a thing to me .
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

D16 Ludford Estate not upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

If someone know s how to actually get through to a human at ntl without being put on hold for ages please enlighten me as to how they succeeded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

ring the number on the cable modem page, not the main NTL sales number

the no: is 1800 923 005
    best to take the phone out of the socket then ring ,it makes more sense then :)
    Cos they wont tell me if it is or isnt in my area ,makes you wonder if they even know .
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

Neilstown as far as i am aware is not ready for cable modem. Shout a few addresses out and i will see what i can find out for you, from what i can see most of the areas listed above are completely correct. Balinteer, i wouldn't be too sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Neilstown as far as i am aware is not ready for cable modem. Shout a few addresses out and i will see what i can find out for you, from what i can see most of the areas listed above are completely correct. Balinteer, i wouldn't be too sure about.

Jessica,

Are you able to find out what addresses are and arent upgraded yet? I know that parts of D22 (Clondalkin) are upgraded but my area (Cherrywood, Nangor Road, Bawnogue) isnt upgraded yet. Can you find out what parts of D22 ARE upgraded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

I think NTL are saying that Kingswood is part of Clondalkin. Which is often referred to as being but I'ts really Tallaght. But I'm not 100% sure wether Kingswood is upgraded. I have yet to hear about ANY part of Clondalkin that is upgraded. I know that the fibre is laid but NTL still have to upgrade the individual estates and the box on every house has to be upgraded aswell.

Parts of Kingswood are D22 which is Clondalkin but the most of it is D24.

I have seen NTL lay the cable for the past year or so. They have laid cable everywhere but I have not seen them actually laying cable inside estates just all the main roads. Does anybody know if there is much work involved to actually make an estate a two-way digital network? As the area is all one way digital surely they only need to install some equipment and start rolling out internet services which shouldnt tak too long, should it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

rathmines is still in the dark ages no hope here i don't think

They stopped dead on the Bawnogue raod last year sometime
    that the only place in clondlakin i seen them but i dont think they did any houses .
    kdja

Lynchie,

all i can say is if you give me address, i know someone who can tell you what is available where just by the street name. guy i am living with knows all there is to know.

Kingswood is tallaght dublin 24 just to clear that one up, didn't think that you would have considered this to be clondalkin.

Kingswood is ok for cable modem, friend was living there once and was offered it when it started up first, but never took it, how stupid was that considering the price it is at now. Ah well, too bad for them, they moved out to go to blackrock, where will probably never see a cable modem this side of the century.

Jessica,

I have been in touch with somebody from NTL. Again, they said they cannot tell me what estates are upgraded, but If i give them my address which I did, then they can tell me. What I would like to know is exactly what estates in Clondalkin ARE upgraded so I can figure out how far away they are from upgrading my area.

The last time I checked which was 5 weeks ago, my area was not upgraded. What I would like to know is if they have upgraded any other estates since then?? If they are actively adding estates to the network at a rate of 1 a week then I would feel a lot happier about being able to get the service soon. Would you be able to find out if they are actually expanding their network on a week to week basis???

A correction on the Kinsgwood issue - Kingswood Heights etc... is D24 but old Kinsgwood, i.e. down near Baldonnel Cross on the Naas Rd is D22

estates names not too sure on that one. street names would be ok. guy i know is not that familar with that area of dublin so would not know it that in depth.

If you would like to pm me on the street name i can look in to it further for you.

releasing street by street I doubt it, think of it in terms of the digital offer that ntl rolled out. only when they have saturated what they have will they release more addresses. Thats what they did with digital why wouldn't cable modem be any different.

All the same, you never know , those ntl folk do strange things.

leave it with me and will suss out and get back to you on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 WillieW

NTL added Tymon North Estate, Tallaght (between Kilnamanagh and Balrothery) to the list on March 5th when they installed my Cable Modem.

Prior to that, I heard of a chap in Aylesbury who got one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Pine Valley on the Grange rd D16 was upgraded on Friday 22/03.

I asked yer mano when are the 2way wires he installed goin live, he said 2 weeks.

Called NTL and they knew nothing about the upgrade and nothin about yer mano.

hmmmm

Chief.

Advertisement