Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM

• 17-03-2001 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

My computer has died.
    When I hit the power button nothing happens..zilch.
    So now I've gone mad and decided to buy a new PC.
    I'm getting an Athlon 1.2 from gateway with 256 megs of ram.
    I'd like to find out if the RAM they are giving me is the best.
    Also is there 2 types of Athlon 1.2 processors?
    DemonBaby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There's a newer Thunderbird - C processor that's specifically made for a 133 FSB.

It's unlikely they're using these though.

As for the Ram, d'you not think it might be best to ask them?..... smile.gif...(Go to Tech Support, Sales in Gateway (And most OEMs) are not held accountable for lying to you, and 90% will happily do it).
    You want CAS-2 at whatever frequency they're shipping it at (Probably 100, if it's 133 all the better but still make sure it's CAS2 at that speed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Go on so wwman. Part with it. Do it. Its the right thing to do. Younknow it in your heart. So all you...uuh, hmm.

Oooooh. By persuade you actually meant bribed! DOH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

no don't listen to them go for RDRAM!!! 600mhz of pure plesure!! biggrin.gif (not that i'd know since i can't aford it LOL)

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

by the way, i work in gateway (not for them thou, and as far as i know its pretty standard generic ram. nothing special nothing fancy. but i could be wrong. it happened you know. once. 12th may 1992 it was. i'll tell you some day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Lo

DemonBaby It will more than likly be generic......its not good for them to sell hi spec ram at low prices. They may tell you different on the phone. As for azezil and his RDRAM idea??????????? what have you been drinking? He's getting a Athlon!!!!!!!!not a P4

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Advertisement

actually it was pretty interesting. last 2 weeks i was based in uxbridge and i was sitting beside all the product managers for gateway. nice guys, buts its mad to see just how much money they make on pcs. product manager for desktop series was tellin em some of the prices they pay for stuff. 64mg of ram and a network card for 30 dollars smile.gif
    anyway, its interesting to see exactly what the guys who put these systems together do.
    especially when delldrop the price by 50 quid. then you watch em sweat smile.gif

hmm, funny that, i actually have a 256 pc-100 stick of ram that i might be persuaded to part with smile.gif

Advertisement