Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for admins

• 16-03-2001 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

'lo folks.

Just curious... Yeh know that "last 10 posts" yolkie on the home page? Well is there any way the link on that can be made to go to the last page of a post, if its a multi-page post... or at least include links to the various pages, as ye do on the main topic listing for the board.

Know what I mean?

smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

erm, thats no as in i dont know what you mean, not no as in no, i you cant do whatever i you care asking.
    and before you ask, no, i dont read whatever you wrote, im just drunk and spamming....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yeah that would be quite hand indeed and also if you could include who made the post as well as who was the last to reply wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I know exactly what you mean Bard...

I'll have a go anyway!

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 17-03-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

great idea

- smoke
    [Honey I]gassed[The Kids]
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator!!</font>

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

also another thing, would you also try this too
    you know when you reply to a topic that has say .. 3 pages
    and it says "Thank you OJ for replying to the topic, we're now sending you back to the topic"
    well is there a chance that it can send you to the current page you replyied on too insteed of going back to page one ? confused.gif
    thanks anyway wink.gif

Cloud's reply:

Could be done but involves hacking the UBB code, so I'm inclined not to - sorry.

why didn't you just reply yourself smile.gif
    and that link you just posted ... is that showing the most recent reply to each Forum ?

That's for me to know and you to find out :P

Working on getting the top 10 link to go to the last page of a thread now.

Sorted. And I remembered why I can't set it up so that it shows the number of posts or the originator (as OJ was asking), unfortunately that information is stored in a different file and it would be too slow to open.

• Advertisement

seems to be working now Cloud
    niceone wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

nice work cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

That's pretty funky, nice one Cloud.

Nil Desperandum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Another thing that would be cool is giving the option of links opening up in a new window or not.

Check out http://student.dcu.ie/~dubskye2/ for an example of how it can be done.
    Look in the top right hand corner.

I don't like links automatically opening up new windows on me.

(:

Also, I think that redirect after you post is annoying aswell.

Cheers,

- Kevin

[This message has been edited by p (edited 18-03-2001).]

Advertisement