Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL in Galway?

• 18-03-2001 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Do NTL provide internet connection in Galway? I'm already a cable TV customer of theirs. - Do they have to come and install new lines and all that sort of malarkey if I wanted interenet connection off them too?

I'm too lazy to find out for myself so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm the Dude

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

For £5 you can get internet access with no call charges on the weekend but with a 2 hour cut off. This works between midnight on friday and midnight on sunday. Their weekday service, like any other ISP, is charged by the minute. This works over Eircom lines and has nothing to do with their cable. I don't think its as good value as esat nolimits.

To get internet access over the cable, NTL need to install a higher grade cable. This package costs £20 per month and on top of flat rate internet includes two phone lines plus the basic TV package. No call charges for the 24/7 internet service. There is also the option of 512kb/s cable modem for an additional £50 per month.

They have done this in certain parts of Dublin and at one stage were planning to upgrade the whole of Dublin. I'm not sure if they were going to bother with Galway.

Advertisement