Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASDAQ Crash !!

• 13-03-2001 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Y'know the great thing about all these dot com firms going tits up? Less ****ing spam! I get nowhere near as much as I did three years ago. I suppose some of it is due to new laws regarding unsolicited email,
    when will you learn!

But for the most part it's because most 'computer age' companies are either dead in the water or having a real hard time staying afloat.
    I don't spend much time studying the stock market - just enough to know that the NASDAQ share index fell below 2000 points today. This share index is made up of hi-tech/internet-based firms and a year ago it stood at 5000 points!

Imagine having 60% of your share value wiped out in 1 year!! I'm surprised the pavement on Wall Street isn't littered with the splattered remains of investors jumping from windows - maybe it is, but if it takes the lives of a few businessmen to keep my Inbox clear of Spam then their lives were not lost in vain. wink.gif God Bless em !!

http://www.downside.com/

[This message has been edited by Yo Mamma (edited 13-03-2001).]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You may be laughing, but I was one of those poor unfortunates who fell victim to the titsup.com revolution.

It's not a nice thing to be given 4 hours notice that you may not ahve a job in the morning...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Oops.........sorry to hear it m8 frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,458 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Didn't this fall in the NASDAQ mean you lost one of your net connections?

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2001/0314/breaking63.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Skeptic1

There's a bar on Wexford st in Dublin called "Nasdaq, the Bar". It's closed now, but does anyone know if it was ever open?

I saw it first some time last year and used to have a laugh passing it on the bus. I seem to remember it always being closed. I think it appeared just after the crash of March 2000.

Advertisement