Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Box---the real story??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

anti-MS to anti-anything-not-Ninnytendo
    Pardon me, I did not realise that people were not allowed have more than one opinion..

replaced in Japan
    Japan always had a different controller from day dot, nothing replaced anything. You could have a look at your US facts too if you wish :)

Rob, your just weird. Ive never been a tiddleywinks fan, but whatever your into ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Thats foolish really

I'm "foolish" because I dislike the PS with a vengence and would much prefer a Box instead?
    Well, your entitled to your own opinion and so am I.

As far as I'm aware, Halo IS due to be released on PC BUT there is no set release date....just some time in '02, possibly near the end of the year.

Originally posted by Shinji

(FWIW - my Dreamcast, PC and two PS2s currently get a lot more playtime than the GameCube does, now that I'm over my little Pikmin obsession...)

You must be the happiest man alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

2 Ps2s??? why 2??? Sorry glad u got Dc (like me) and GC and all (if i had enough money i would buy all the consoles and forget this stupid war) but why 2 ps2s i dont see the point?? Unless 1's a import?

My X-BOX opinion....fair play to the advertising I mean u have tvs in every games shop advertising but i have to say I've always had doubts on Halo even when seeing the tres cool ads. But i could be wrong. Its just i'm a freak i didnt like Medal of Honour that much either so dont listen to me.

P.s Its me Blitz and I'm back after exteneded leave!!! (notices the wierd look) K nobody remembers going into corner to sulk. Took 4 attempts to post this message and still i had to edit i must be a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

2 heads are better than 1, so arent 2 ps2's better than 1 also? If I had an extra ps2 Id get myself a firewire cable and invite my mates around to give em a good beatin' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Shinji
    A console is only as good as the games you play on it.

Damn right. So far I haven't seen anything that would tempt me to handing over €600 (bar halo, but one game wouldn't justify that much money). Not when it's just under 2 months until the Gamecube is released, and I get a lot more for a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm "foolish" because I dislike the PS with a vengence and would much prefer a Box instead?

You appear to be claiming to dislike a console, rather than expressing a preference based on the games you get to play. That sounds pretty damn foolish to me.
    why 2 ps2s i dont see the point?? Unless 1's a import?

Yeh - one is a US model. My housemate has a Japanese one, so we're all PS2'd up...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

On the multiplayer/broadband/Ethernet port side it is a std port, you use a normal Hub/Switch to connect multiple machines. You can also connect it to the net using an ethernet link to a Net connected PC and the latest version of Gamespy Arcade with the Xbox tunnel software installed.

It is expensive but its a damn nice machine. Im getting more enjoyment from it now than my 2 Playstation loving brothers did from their Ps2 for the first year they had it.
    The controller is big but is a lot more comfortable than the PS variants.
    Japan wanted small controllers hence the revamp. They like a lot of small things, going into details would likely get this post deleted.

It is expensive but you get what you pay for on a comparative scale with other consoles and PCs.

As far as games go Ive tried Halo (great when you get used to it), Project Gotham Racing (Not bad but Im not a major driving fan and it has possibly the worst soundtrack Ive ever heard), Dead Or Alive 3 (great), Genma Onimusha (Awful).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I just have to post and say how fantastic Rallisport Challenge is.

First let me say that i ran both GT3-A Spec and this side by side and anyone who has seen it will know that this is the prettiest game ever!

The sensation of speed will just blow you away.

The game has so many different modes, not only point to point traditional Rally racing but ice racing, hil climbs and lots of lisenced cars and even some that were banned years ago because they were so fast and dangerous.

The game runs a system similar to kudos, basically when you compete in the career mode, depending on how you complete each event you are awarded points and if you reach the maximum you unlock alot of cars and tracks, 48 tracks in total.

€80 is steep, oh and the 15c for the plastic bag to ship it home but just when i got stuck on Halo on legendary i decided to start on this one and have not gone back.

Advertisement