Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with eircom ping??

• 18-03-2001 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Lo all... he he a few questions?

Eircom isp ping, at the mo in Limerick? ok?

A few weeks ago i came home fom school and connected to eircom, for a game of Counter-Strike ok.

For playing conter strike i have my Error Control ticked off and i use 33.6k connection v.34 for gaming, which ment i ust to ping netshop.ie or games1.iol.ie and get 150 160 170 160 real nice, but now when i pig im getting 230 240 260 250
    ??

and its even worse when i get into the server. its realy strage how its after taking this tumble and ideas??

Indigo are better than eircom at the mo with those settings , but are still not as good as eircom were?? oh well any one?

I have a 56k us Robtics voice Winmodem.

32mb TNT2 Viper card
    p3 500
    128mb ram

well im puzzled whats the best modem on the other topic any was for ping related games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I used to get 140 on the servers with nolimits, but to be honest it seems everyone has had their ping hacked to death, it's probably Eircon up to their old tricks, nothing new I suppose but sure anyways.

I use Error Control:Compress Data ticked
    And Flow Control:Hardware

Nil Desperandum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

eircom is also really ****edup for me.

In Quake3, on com_maxfps 120 on some servers eircom spikes to 999 and stays there. On com_maxfps 100, it comes back to 40/50. Anyone know wtf is up with that ? On some servers its fine, on others it's wierd (like vishnu and barrysworld).

Advertisement